Tuesday, June 19, 2007

#1: Life Long Learning: 7 1/2 Habits - Easiest & Hardest Habits

Welcome to my blog! I have viewed the PowerPoint and thought about what I find to be the easiest and hardest habits.

Easiest habit - Using Technology

I find it very easy to use technology, I would qualify myself as a quick learner. I love to try new things and one of my favorite past times is taking a stroll through Best Buy to find the latest gadgets! I love playing the latest video games, computer games etc. In fact, I'm currently experimenting with Windows Vista.

Hardest Habit - Teach / Mentor Others

I love to share my knowledge with others. But sometimes this can be really challenging. Some people don't want to learn something, they just want you to do it for them; others are very willing to learn, but it's hard for them to understand or follow your teaching method. It's really learning to balance your teaching methods with others learning methods. You can never force feed someone something, it's just not going to go over well.

I find that teaching others something is a real investment in terms of time, some of this new technology can't be taught in a single afternoon. It's something that you can pick up the basics of but that to truly master it you must play with it over and over. You must commit to teaching it and learning it yourself.

No comments: