Tuesday, June 26, 2007

#7: Technology of Choice, the digital camera

I think I'd really like to take a moment or two and talk about digital cameras. They come in all different sizes and price ranges and all different levels of experience. They have those ones that are "point and shoot" for those not wanting to do more than take some pictures and then they progress up to SLRs. SLR cameras are the ones that are part digital and part manual. They allow the user a little more control over the camera and it's settings.

We have a camera that is a bit above "point and shoot", I've played with it's options. I've changed the color on photos I've taken from B&W to Sepia on the camera, it's not something you always have to wait and do on a photo editing program. I've also played with other settings. However, I'm really looking forward to learning about the SLR camera we just purchased. While our other one takes amazing outdoor pics, crystal clear etc it's not very good for indoors or low light pics. The SLR should solve that dilemma. We should get awesome pics now. Can't wait.

1 comment:

CarrotTop said...

Yeah, digital camera. The one i have played a part in my blog. It was easy to stick the memory card in my pc at home and download some pictures right into the blog. I had taken some of the branch and other places. It make the blog more personal sice I had some of my pictures included.
Your avatars are cool. I did 2 different ones. One when I had to do one and then one later to add to the posting I was doing.
Hope to check in with you later.