Monday, August 6, 2007

#22 Learn Audiobooks

I was interested in this assignment because I don't listen to many audiobooks. I own the Harry Potter series and have listened to a few other Young Adult books on audio, but usually I prefer to have the print version in front of me for reading.

Anyway, since I no longer work at the library, nor do I live in Maryland, I took a look at Project Gutenberg instead of the other two. I think it's interesting. Obviously you're not really going to find titles there that are of popular interest. But I was excited to find the Canterbury Tales available in Middle English (medieval or anglo-saxon english) Yes, the English major in me shines through with that statement. Anyway, I was also excited to see many Jane Austen titles available too.

I liked the top 100 books feature, it makes it easy to take a look if you're feeling a little lazy on a given day. Project Gutenberg is something I might visit from time to time, but it's not something I take a huge interest in. It was interesting to explore the site though.

No comments: