Monday, August 6, 2007

#23 I'm DONE!!!!

Woohoo! I finished! It's been a long journey, but a fulfilling one. I chose to undertake this journey with my former co-workers at the Harford County Public Library even after I had relocated to a different state! I felt it was very worthwhile, and I had been involved since the get go, with the Tech Fair that was put on.

Some of the technologies that we learned about I knew enough about to fiddle around with them. This discovery course helped me to learn more in depth characteristics of the different technologies. I enjoyed learning about some of them that I had been to "shy" or "lazy" to try, like Flickr. I found that exercise very exciting and informative. I may actually use that for some vacation photos, but at the very least I'll visit the site and look at other people's photos of topics that interest me.

The exercise of blogging has kept up my skills and forced me to put my thought down on the computer. (I'm usually one for pen and paper composition before transferring it to the computer.) The exercise I enjoyed the least and put off for the longest was tagging. I recognize it's importance and inherent value, however, it just plain doesn't interest me.

I also enjoyed the process of setting up the Bloglines account. I currently have a Yahoo account also, but Bloglines isn't bad, it may not be as visually appealing, but it's still useful! Finally, I thoroughly enjoyed editing the wiki! I think this is something that I have come to love and may use this for planning a big family vacation next year! Awesome!

I think I gained a lot of knowledge, sometimes it surprised me just how long I could spend at the computer working on some of the exercises! I could spend a couple hours looking at things that held a real interest for me. If HCPL did this again, and they let me, I'd participate!

As for my lifelong learning goals, well, I really try to keep up with the new technology that's out there. So, this was a big plus, it was structured and made me sit down and devote time to it. I always had it in the back of my mind when I sat down at the computer. I would tell my friends and family about it and try and get them interested in some of the technology! Kudos to HCPL for taking part! Thanks for the experience!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea to the chickie!

IrmBrown said...

Congratulations... You did a good job. we miss you.